Friday, April 8, 2011

Coachella Roadtrip

Needed a quick turnaround for the Spotlight cover that publishes this Sunday in The Fresno Bee. The Bee's Mike Osegueda looks at some of the bands that will be playing in the area either on their way to or on the way after the Coachella Music and Art festival. I took some inspiration from travel posters of the 30s and 40s that railways would feature to promote the adventure of train travel. Plus, if you know anything about me - my all time favorite car is the Ford T-Bird from the inception 55 to the mid 60s - this one featured on the cover is based on a 1960 convertible - one hot car. So, if you pick up The Bee on Sunday enjoy Mike's take and the Spotlight poster cover.

As always, let me know what you think. ~SWP

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wouldlike to know more about my work contact me at swparra@aol.com